Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nine-foot Snake!


Living near the lake, seeing snakes is not unusual. This sighting is: A nine-foot astrological diamond-back copperhead cottonmouth with golden fangs. The snake is on my back porch.
As I returned from my arrowhead search along the shore he said: "Why are you bringing that stick home?"
I said: "It's not a stick--it's a snake."
He said: "Well, put it away."
That's how things end up in my workshop--the snake has been in the corner for five years.


The golden fangs? I finally found a use for my old gold crowns-- ca. 1970. Copper shavings from my staircase railing (2005) cover his head.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes this snake chases my yellow wooden ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He" was just trying to keep you and your duckies safe from the diamond-back copperhead cottonmouth snake. And who can blame him?

    ReplyDelete