Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Beyond Vanity

Because of the upcoming exhibit a reporter came by today. I spent the morning clearing off the bookcase and dining room table; then I propped up some of my new work. I put Larry Jr., my IROBOT vacuum cleaner, to work on the floor and went upstairs to get ready. It was a nice interview with photos. Before I changed clothes and went into the workshop I thought--as long as I was spiffed up--I would set the camera on timer and take some photos. Here's the depressing part--I don't look any better than when I'm wearing my Good Will denim shirts! I believe MFK Fisher said we have to get beyond vanity; sometimes there is no choice.

I enjoy painting self-portraits showing age; seeing it in photographs is a different story.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look fantastic standing proudly with your art! Can't wait to see pics from your show...you will be a star!
    Keep shining!
    Cagney

    ReplyDelete